Using a unique philosophy, called Humankind, beacon communications’ mission is to create communications that are capable of changing human behavior, or in other words help our partners’ consumers to connect and purchase their brands. Humankind is based on a thorough understanding of the human psyche, with particular focus on qualitative understanding of consumer trends and characteristics. To be able to achieve this level of understanding of the Japanese consumer it is vital that Beacon be able to collate and analyze large amounts of consumer data, which would include personal data.
With the rapid advancements in technology in recent years, to manage information we hold safely and properly is one of the most important matters in corporate management. We acknowledge the importance of protection of personal information we are entrusted with, and hereby set and obey the principles of our protection of personal information. In this way, we intend to contribute to brand-building without breaching trust of our advertisers and consumers.
1．We will implement security control measures to ensure that Personal Information we posses are not accessed illegally, leaked, lost, or damaged.
2．We will establish a consultation office for inquiries, complaints and consultation about Personal Information and respond in a sincere manner.
3．We will comply with all laws, government regulations and directives set by the government concerning Personal Information Protection.
4．We will establish a management system to protect Personal Information and continuously improve the system.
Established：April 1, 2005
Modified：February 15, 2011
beacon communications k.k.
Managing Director and Representative Director Floriane Tripolino
Personal Information Consultation Office (Inquiry and claim counter)
JR Tokyu Meguro Building, 3-1-1 Kami-Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0032, Japan
E-MAIL： Email Personal Information Consultation Office >
Name of Authorized Organization and Where to Contact to Register a Complaint
Personal Data Protection Complaint Helpline
Japan Information Processing and Development Center
Address: Roppongi First Bldg., 1-9-9, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-5860-7565 or 0120-700-779
HANDLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information (including retained personal data) handled by the company shall be used and handled as set forth below.
1) Personal information privacy officer: CFO (same contact details as inquiries desk)
2) Intended use of personal information: the intended use of the following information shall be as set forth below.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INTENDED USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information obtained during entrusted work. [not subject to disclosure]
To carry out entrusted work such as implementing campaigns and producing advertising
Personal information relating to discussion meeting applicants and participants
To conduct user awareness surveys
To contact individuals in relation to the holding of discussion meetings, issuing receipts, and recording meetings, etc.
Personal information relating to employment applicants
To inform of company orientation meetings and accept applications
To provide information on the company and inform details of employee recruitment drives, etc
To conduct selection of recruits
To notify individuals concerned of the results of the selection
Personal information relating to retirees
To respond to labor related laws
For administrative contact, and other contact in emergencies
Personal information relating to clients
For clerical work, operational contact, etc.
To manage contracts, etc.
Personal information relating to employees
For clerical work, settling expenses, operational contact, etc.
To manage budgets, sales, etc,
To manage contracts, etc
To manage back ups.
To manage IDs.
To manage information systems.
For personal management, labor management, administrative management.
To manage salary payments, etc.
For health managment.
To contact in emergencies.
For various other activities which contribute to associated work.
3) Personal information subject to disclosure by the company
The intended use of personal information (including retained personal data) subject to disclosure by the company shall be as stated in the preceding paragraph. However, unsearchable personal information shall not be subject to disclosure.
4) Contact point for complaints regarding the handling of personal information subject to disclosure.
The contact point for accepting complaints regarding the handling of personal information subject to disclosure by the company shall be the personal information inquiries desk stated in the next paragraph.
5) Contact point for requesting notification or disclosure of intended use, the amendment or addition or deletion of details, suspension of use, deletion, and the suspension of provision to third parties of personal information subject to disclosure
Requests can be made for the notification or disclosure of intended use with regard to personal information subject to disclosure. Requests can be made to amend, add, or delete mistakes or to change personal information. Requests can be made for suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of provision to third parties of personal information.
Such requests shall be accepted by the following contact point.
6) Method of requesting notification or disclosure of intended use, the amendment or addition or deletion of details, suspension of use, deletion, and the suspension of provision to third parties of personal information subject to disclosure
Please send inquiries provided for in the preceding paragraph by post in writing for items (1) to (4) below.
We may not be able to respond if sufficient details are not provided.
ITEMS TO BE SENT WHEN MAKING A REQUEST
(1) “Request for the Disclosure of Personal Information” (please fill in the necessary details)
(2) Document to verify your identity (copy of an official document such as your driving license, health insurance certificate, pension book, certificate of residence, passport, alien registration card, etc.)
Please black out sensitive information (parts of your registered domicile address other than the prefecture, information relating to health care, etc.) in such a way that it cannot be seen when sending such documents.
Please contact us if we are aware of your membership number, telephone number, or email address, etc. as we may be able to confirm your identity using such details.
(3) Power of attorney from individual concerned if the request is being made on behalf of someone else.
(4) Fee if requesting disclosure (500 JPY fixed amount postal money order or postage stamps)
7) Method of responding to notification or disclosure of intended use, the amendment or addition or deletion of details, suspension of use, deletion, and the suspension of provision to third parties of personal information subject to disclosure
We shall respond by sending a “Response regarding the Disclosure of Personal Information” or by the method agreed with the individual concerned who made the request.
8) Exceptions for responding to notification or disclosure of intended use, the amendment or addition or deletion of details, suspension of use, deletion, and the suspension of provision to third parties of personal information subject to disclosure
We may not be able to respond to requests if requests violate the law or due to some other reason. In such cases we shall inform you to such effect and explain the reasons.